Happy Thanksgiving, Peak Family!
Thanksgiving is one of the great turning points of the year: it marks the beginning of the Holidays, Black Friday, the gathering with those you love, and the season of joy, giving, and gratitude as the end of the year is just around the corner. As we sit at the Thanksgiving table together and say our graces and reflect on our gratitude, there is one tradition that everyone unanimously anticipates on this specific Holiday: food. Thanksgiving not only serves as a marker of the Holiday Season, but also the season where goals and healthy habits are long forgotten. Although everyone deserves a little indulgence, especially during this time of year, it is important that we do not lose complete sight of our fitness and nutrition goals.
Admist the Thanksgiving and Holiday season, here are three amazing dishes that not only put you in the Holiday spirit, but are also healthier swaps for other options that will work in tandem with your goals, rather than against them!
Three Delicious Recipes To Serve Your Thanksgiving Table
Apple and Sausage Stuffing
Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 scoop
CALORIES 202 | PROTEIN 11 | CARBS 29 | FAT 5
• 30 g (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
• 100 g onion, chopped
• 400 g celery, chopped
• 272 g chicken or turkey sausage, casing removed
• 1 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
• 1/2 tsp ground pepper
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 lb stale whole-grain bread, cubed
• 200 g / 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and
• 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add
celery and onion and stir until softened. This takes
about 8–10 minutes.
2. Add sausage, poultry seasoning, pepper and
salt to the pan. Stir until sausage is just cooked
through and you can’t see any raw sausage,
roughly 7–8 minutes.
3. Transfer to a large slow cooker, set to high.
4. Add remaining ingredients, bread, apple and
5. Stir, cover and cook for 2 hours.
Cauliflower and Potato Mash
CALORIES 49 | PROTEIN 4 | CARBS 8 | FAT 1
• 450 g cauliflower (1 large head), chopped
•100 g Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 3 Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Cheese Wedges
• 30 g less sodium chicken broth or bone broth
• Garlic salt to taste
• 4–5 cracks of pepper
• 2 stalks of rosemary
1. Boil cauliflower and potatoes until soft (stove-
top or microwave, 10 minutes in boiling water).
2. Add cauliflower, potato, Laughing Cow cheese
wedges, herbs, spices and chicken broth into a
food processor and blend until creamy. Occa-
sionally remove food processor lid and stir to
make sure everything gets blended evenly. If
your food processor is small, it might be worth
doing this step in two batches.
3. Transfer into serving dish and set aside for 30
minutes to overnight to let the mash firm up.
It’s easy to reheat.
Mini Pumpkin Pies
Servings 8 Pies
CALORIES 140 | PROTEIN 7 | CARBS 14 | FATS 5
• 224 g reduced-fat crescent rolls (2 tubes of
• 72 g of Ascent Vanilla Casein Protein Powder or
• 200 g of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
• 120 g of Libby’s Pure Pumpkin Puree
1. 1. Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare pie trays,
a large muffin baking tray or individual 1-cup
Pyrex dishes with non-stick spray or parch-
ment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix protein powder,
almond milk and pumpkin puree thoroughly.
3. Evenly divide your crescent roll dough into 8
pieces and use the back of a spoon to spread
the dough into 8 large, flat circles.
4. Place the dough gently over the prepared muf-
fin trays and pat down to form little pie crusts.
5. Evenly pour the pumpkin pie mixture into the
6. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown, then
set aside until cool enough to remove from the
tray and serve.
7. Pair with ice cream, whipped cream or Cool
All of these recipes are from the Working Against Gravity Holiday Guide.
The Season of Giving
Although at Peak 360 we strive to demonstrate and embrace gratitude on a daily basis, we would like to express our thankfulness this Holiday season to all of our members, coaches, and everyone that comprises our community. We are a family that is strong, powerful, close-knit, unyielding, and an integral part of all our lives because we truly are more than just a CrossFit gym. Without all of you, none of the daily happenings at Peak would be possible.
Although we verbally express our thankfulness to our community as much as we possibly can, we will also be illustrating our gratefulness through action this Thanksgiving. If you have not seen or heard about the building going on around the front corner, Peak is building a brand new cubby and merch area! In the pictures below, you will see the renditions of what will soon be the newest addition to the gym for our members and community. Furthermore, we will also be doing a full maintenance to all of the rowers! This maintenance is to maintain their optimal condition so they continue to serve us well in our workouts. We hope the community is just as excited as we are here at Peak to unveil our newest upgrades, and show our gratitude in the best ways possible!
As always, don't forget to continue to take every step with love, intentionality, poise, and appreciation for every moment of life's journey. Enjoy the Holidays Peak Family!